Drastic weight loss, whether through diet and exercise or through bariatric surgery in Perth, often leaves patients with excess skin. The skin, originally produced to accommodate your larger size, begins to sag where it folds around the abdomen, arms, and thighs. Apart from denting your physical appearance, the sagging can also result in the development of painful rashes or even infections. It is therefore important to adopt strategies that help you lose the excess weight and tighten your skin.
Plastic surgery route
Plastic surgery can help you get rid of the excess skin. Get professional advice on whether or not this route is best for you. There are, however many other initiatives that you can take to get rid of sagging skin without going the plastic surgery route.
Related Blog: 5 Simple Tips to Lose Weight Post Bariatric Surgery
There are several other measures that you can adopt to lose excess skin. They also help tighten your skin giving you the best appearance while helping with your self-esteem.
- Toning exercises during the weight loss period go a long way in making sure that you have less excess skin at the end of the road. There are various ways to approach toning exercises before undergoing bariatric surgery in Perth, including stretching before and after every exercise session and practising yoga.
- Losing weight while you are relatively younger goes a long way in making sure that you don’t get too much excess skin after weight loss surgery. If you have a weight issue, visit Dr Ravi Rao, to discuss whether weight loss surgery is best for you.
- On-and-Off dieting causes so much stress on your body and skin. The constant expansion and contraction results in more sagging skin than usual. If you decide to go on a diet, make sure to stick to it religiously until your attain your objectives.
- You can also build more muscle to remedy the issue of sagging skin
- Some patients swear by the great results they get from using products such as collagen cream
- Eat healthy by making sure your diet comprises a great deal of lean proteins, zero high-fat foods, and also consume generous amounts of water.
- Avoid tanning products and products that contain sulfates
Talk to bariatric surgeons in Perth
If you are overweight and considering shedding the excess weight, talk to experienced bariatric surgeons at Perth Surgical & Bariatrics. We can help you craft a holistic diet and exercise plan and also help decide the best obesity surgery for you. To get more information on bariatric surgery in Perth, call us today at 0865581901 or mail to email@example.com.