Serves 4-6 | Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 10 min
Here’s a low fat version of fried fish. Simply coat chunks of white fish fillets in breadcrumbs and bake in a hot oven. Serve with russet fries baked alongside.
- 1 1/4 pounds firm white fish, such as cod or halibut
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tsp paprika
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place a large cookie sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray in the oven.
- Meanwhile cut fish into chunks. Put beaten egg into a small bowl, and combine breadcrumbs, herbs, paprika and pepper in a large shallow bowl.
- Remove cookie sheet from oven.
- Dip the fish first into the egg and then into the breadcrumb mixture and on to the cookie sheet. Repeat with each piece of fish.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, turning once, until fish is cooked through.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
- Calories 195
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2g (sat 0.7g)
- Cholesterol 106mg
- Sodium 248mg
- Carbohydrate 12.1g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 29.4g