Steak Crock Pot Recipes
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 9 hours | Total Time: 9 hours, 15 minutes
Beef is hardly the leanest of meats, but there are lean cuts (5 grams of fat or less per three ounce serving) which, eaten sparingly, can be part of an overall low fat diet. The problem with the leanest cuts of beef is that they’re tough and chewy. What better way to enjoy the protein, vitamins and minerals that beef has to offer than to enjoy a slow cooked pot roast, which allows the beef to become amazingly tender.
- 1 medium sweet onion, roughly chopped
- 3/4 pound carrots, peeled and cut into thick chunks
- 8 ounces sliced crimini mushrooms
- 1 green bell pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 2 pounds boneless beef round sirloin tip, trimmed of outer fat
- 1 14.5-ounce can crushed fire-roasted tomatoes (I used Muir Glen)
- 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
Coat the inside of a 4 quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Place chopped onions, carrots, mushrooms and green pepper inside.
Heat a large nonstick pan coated with cooking spray on medium high. Brown the roast for three minutes per side. Carefully remove and place in slow cooker on top of vegetables.
Pour canned tomatoes over meat and drizzle Worcestershire sauce on top. Cover and cook on low 7-9 hours.
Per serving: Calories 265, Calories from Fat 47, Total Fat 5.3g, (sat 1.6g), Cholesterol 91mg, Sodium 305mg, Carbohydrate 19.2g, Fiber 4.8g, Protein 35.3g