Outside-In Cheeseburger Patty Recipes
- 4 oz. raw lean ground beef
- 1 wedge The Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss cheese, room temperature or other type of cheese such as Swiss, Cheddar, or your favorite cheese type
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. onion powder
- 1/8 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- dash salt, or more to taste
- dash black pepper, or more to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except the cheese. Add as much salt and pepper as you like. Knead mixture by hand until integrated. Form into a ball and, using your thumb, make a large, hollow indentation in the ball (past the center but not all the way through). Fill the hole with cheese and squeeze the meat to seal, making sure no cheese is exposed. Flatten slightly into a thick patty.
- Bring a pan misted with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. (Use a grill pan if you’ve got one.) Place patty in the pan, cover, and cook for 4 – 7 minutes per side, depending on how well done you like your burger. Heads Up: Don’t press on the patty with your spatula (your burger might ooze cheese!).
- Serve however you like your burger… We like ours with ketchup and pickles between giant leaves of lettuce!
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 patty):
- 179 calories
- 6.5g fat
- 502mg sodium
- 1.5g carbs
- 0g fiber
- 1g sugars
- 26.5g protein
- PointsPlus value 4