Fruity & Tangy Cocktail Meatballs Recipes
Makes 8 Servings | PER SERVING (1/8th of recipe, 3 meatballs with about 2 tbsp. sauce): 135 calories, 2.5g fat, 191mg sodium, 15g carbs, 0.5g fiber, 14g sugars, 12g protein — PointsPlus value 3
We got a li’l crazy with these mango-infused meatballs. They require a bit of oven lovin’ before you toss ‘em in the crock pot, but the results are worth the effort. (PROMISE!) Great for parties!
- 1 lb. raw extra-lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely diced mango
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tsp. dried minced onion
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- One 15-oz. can peach slices in juice
- 1/2 cup sugar-free or low-sugar apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Sriracha hot chili sauce
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all meatball ingredients. Mix thoroughly with your hands. (Don’t be squeamish — it’s the easiest way!) Form 24 evenly sized meatballs from the mixture and place them evenly on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven until meatballs are just cooked, 8 – 10 minutes. Meanwhile, drain peaches and transfer to a blender or food processor. Pulse until mostly smooth. Transfer to a crock pot. Add all remaining sauce ingredients to the crock pot and mix well.
- Carefully transfer meatballs to the crock pot. Stir to coat. Cover and cook on low for 3 – 4 hours.
- Stir well and serve up meatballs with toothpicks and the extra sauce from the crock pot!