Advanced Laparoscopic & Bariatric Surgeon
Dr. Ravi Rao
(MBBS, DNB, FRACS)
Minimal Invasive Surgeon, Advanced laparoscopy and Bariatrics
Dr. Ravi Rao carries an extensive experience in performing various types of Advanced Laparoscopy and Weight loss surgeries. Spearheading the team at Perth Surgical & Bariatrics, Dr. Rao lends his deep domain knowledge as an Advanced Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon.
Here’s a glimpse of his expertise:
- M.B.B.S, Bangalore University
- D.N.B General Surgery, St. Martha’s Hospital, Bangalore, India
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS) Western Perth, Australia
- Fellowship, Minimally Invasive Surgery through the Fellowship Council of USA at Atlanta Medical Center, Georgia USA under the mentorship of the renowned American Surgeon Dr Titus Duncan.
- Post Graduate Fellowship in Bariatrics from Gosford NSW
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders
- Obesity Surgery Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Association of Surgeons, India
In addition to specializing in various minimally-invasive bariatric procedures like the Sleeve gastrectomy, various gastric bypass procedures like the Roux-en-gastric Bypass, SIPS Surgery etc and revisional bariatric surgical operations, Dr. Rao performs Abdominoplasty and Brachioplasty for his weight loss patients.
Dr Rao is a GESA accredited endoscopist and performs gastroscopy and colonoscopies.